Meet Dr. Perkins
Dr. Darrell Perkins is a Plastic Surgeon based in Sydney, New South Wales. For years he has used specialized expertise in plastic surgery to help his patients realize their cosmetic goals. Dr. Perkins specializes in body contouring, facial procedures including facelift and necklift, and all types of aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Upon your first visit to the practice of Dr. Darrell Perkins, you will notice the difference in his unique approach to plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Training and Experience
Dr. Darrell Perkins graduated from the University of New South Wales in 1986 with honours degrees in medicine, surgery, and medical science. He completed his Fellowship training in General Surgery in 1994 and his specialist training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1996 along with Fellowships in Cosmetic and Hand Surgery.
After completing his training as a Plastic Surgeon in Sydney in 1997, Dr. Darrell Perkins was accepted for post-fellowship training in Breast Surgery and Microsurgery at the prestigious M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. He was the first overseas Fellow to be employed by the Department of Plastic Surgery at M.D. Anderson.
Dr. Perkins returned to Australia in 1998, and has been in private practice as a Plastic Surgeon in the southwest of Sydney, New South Wales since that time. He has over 20 years of clinical experience and is skilled at performing many different advanced plastic surgery procedures, including facelift, breast augmentation, and tummy tuck surgery.
Current Hospital Appointments
Thanks to the widespread recognition of his expertise as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Darrell Perkins holds several appointments at hospitals and surgical centers:
- Aesthetic Day Surgery
- St. George Private Hospital
- St. George Public Hospital
- Kareena Private Hospital
Dr. Perkins is affiliated with numerous important Australian professional associations and societies:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Australian Medical Association
In addition to his work as a plastic surgeon, Dr. Darrell Perkins has held a variety of administrative positions:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons – International Member
- Current supervisor of Surgical Training at St. George Public Hospital
- Current member of the State Training Committee in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Current member of the National Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Committee for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the executive organizing committee for the World Congress in Plastic Surgery held in Sydney, 2003
- Convenor of the Plastic Surgery section of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Congress in Sydney, 2006
- Convenor of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons Congress, 2008
Contact Dr. Darrell Perkins, Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Darrell Perkins’ education, training, and professional expertise are unique, but what truly sets him apart is his genuine commitment to the health and happiness of his patients. Contact Dr. Perkins, our Plastic Surgeon in Sydney, New South Wales, to schedule an appointment today and experience the difference for yourself.