Ideal Candidates Can Rejuvenate Their Appearance with Facelift Surgery
As we age, it’s common to begin to look older than we feel. Facelift surgery can rejuvenate your appearance and reduce the signs of aging. If wrinkles and sagging skin are causing you grief, you may be a candidate for facelift surgery.
Facelift Surgery Candidates
Facelift surgery can help reverse years of aging, creating a more youthful, refreshed appearance. Candidates can generally fall between 40 and 70 years old, however, facelifts surgery may be performed on younger or older patients. Facelift surgery is invasive and as such, candidates must be healthy enough to undergo surgery. Candidates should have:
- Loose, drooping facial skin: Patients who suffer loose, excess skin on the face, jowls, and neck make good candidates for facelift surgery.
- Good skin elasticity: The condition of the skin is important to how well the tissue will respond to facelift treatment. Skin with a certain level of elasticity yields better results after facelift surgery.
- Realistic expectations: Candidates for facelift surgery should have realistic expectations for the results of facelift surgery. Facelifts can only erase a certain amount of years from your face so, for instance, a 50-year-old patient should not expect to look 25 after surgery.
- Good overall health: As stated prior, facelift candidates should be in good overall health. Patients must be able to withstand surgery, anesthesia, and recovery.
The Benefits of Facelift Surgery
Facelift surgery offers many benefits. Many recipients often experience increased confidence and improved self-esteem knowing that they look more refreshed and youthful. Some of the many benefits of facelift surgery include:
- Improved appearance: Facelift surgery can improve facial appearance by eliminating saggy skin, wrinkles, and drooping jowls and neck waddles.
- Increased confidence: Looking as great as you feel can go a long way when it comes to confidence. Facelift surgery helps patients look their best for increased confidence.
- Rejuvenated look: Loose, droopy skin can make you look old and tired. Facelift surgery reduces droopiness and tightens the skin for a rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.
- Looking more the age you feel: Facelift surgery can help close the gap between the age you feel and the age you look.
The Risks of Facelift Surgery
Like all surgery, the facelift procedure carries some risks. Though risks are minor, it is important to be aware of the possible issues that may occur as a result of facelift surgery. Some of the possible risks of facelift surgery include:
- Nerve damage, generally temporary
- Facial numbness, which may last up to a year
- Scars at incision sites
- Hair loss at incision sites
- Bleeding beneath the skin
- Reaction to anesthesia
Schedule a Consultation
It’s true what they say, when you look great, you feel great! Facelift surgery can give you the confidence to get out and enjoy life. To find out if you’re a candidate for facelift surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Darrell Perkins today!