Meet Dr. Perkins
Training and Experience
Dr. Darrell Perkins graduated from the University of New South Wales in 1986 with honours degrees in medicine, surgery, and medical science. He completed his Fellowship training in General Surgery in 1994 and his specialist training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 1996 along with Fellowships in Cosmetic and Hand Surgery.
After completing his training as a Plastic Surgeon in Sydney in 1997, Dr. Darrell Perkins was accepted for post-fellowship training in Breast Surgery and Microsurgery at the prestigious M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. He was the first overseas Fellow to be employed by the Department of Plastic Surgery at M.D. Anderson.
Dr. Perkins returned to Australia in 1998 and has been in private practice as a Plastic Surgeon in the southeast of Sydney, New South Wales since that time. He has over 25 years of clinical experience and is skilled at performing many different advanced plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery procedures.
Current Hospital Appointments
- Aesthetic Day Surgery
- George Private Hospital
- George Public Hospital (Head of Plastic Surgery Department)
- Kareena Private Hospital
Dr. Perkins is affiliated with numerous important Australian and international professional associations and societies:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Australian Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (International Member)
In addition to his work as a plastic surgeon, Dr. Darrell Perkins has held a variety of administrative positions:
- Current Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department at St. George Public Hospital
- Current Education Committee Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the State Training Committee in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the National Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Committee for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Convenor of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons Congress, 2008, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
- Convenor of the Plastic Surgery section of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Congress in Sydney, 2006
- Co-Scientific Convenor International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) Congress 2003
Contact Dr. Darrell Perkins, Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Contact Dr. Perkins, our Plastic Surgeon in Sydney, New South Wales, to schedule an appointment today.